Based in Dundee, Scotland
Armoured Engines is a steampunk western epic following the journey of train conductor Dusty Beats and her partner in crime, the ancient living engine Billy Wylam, as they search for El Dorado. Protect your train and shoot, fling, slice, blow up, and otherwise bother a horde of vibrant enemies, utilizing a fully customizable arsenal of weaponry and armed passengers.
In March 2014, three recent university graduates came together to make a game. After pitching nine separate ideas in a day long meeting, Armoured Engines was chosen as the newly formed Bounder Games’ inaugural project. The primary goal was to create a vibrant, tactile game of medium scope which could be brought to market within a year - ah, youth. It's been a few years now, and the team has seen some changes - two of them married eachother, one quit her job, and everyone is working full time now on the game at last, with hopes for completion of the project in 2018 - only 4 years after the "one-year project" was conceived.
- Vibrant, bold graphic style and pumping music tracks.
- Fast and tactile gameplay that blends shoot-em-up with tower defense.
- Freedom to explore any playstyle you choose with a wealth of customization options.
- A full crafting system, rewarding players who like trying different things with rare materials and blueprints.
- A riot of zany characters and stories.
- A handful of hand crafted zones, each with their own distinct style and level themes.
- Epic boss battles.
Armoured Engines Trailer YouTube
Armoured Engines Gameplay - Ambush Canyon YouTube
Armoured Engines Gameplay - Slipsnake Pass YouTube
Armoured Engines Gameplay - Bandit Badlands YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Selected for Insomnia 62 Indie Zone" Birmingham, 30 March, 2018
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Community discord server discord.gg.
About Bounder Games
Bounder Games is a wife and husband indie team based in Scotland. They formed in 2014 but only took the plunge to working full time on indie games in 2017. They specialise in vibrant games with strong characters and narrative.
More information on Bounder Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Armoured Engines Credits
Producer & Programmer, Bounder Games
Game Design, Writing, & Art, Bounder Games
Audio & Art, Repeat Collaborator